This two-day workshop is for Primary years classroom teachers and Middle/Senior years English and HASS teachers wanting to embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into their professional practice.
This workshop will provide you with opportunities to:
- Deepen your understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures and current context
- Increase your confidence in embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into teaching and learning in authentic ways
Outline of Workshop
Day 1 - Learn about:
- The uniqueness and sophistication of Australia’s Indigenous cultures
- History, geography, culture and policies since European contact in Australia
- The relationship between culture and identity
- The ongoing impact of colonisation
Day 2 - Curriculum planning:
- Connect Indigenous perspectives to the Australian Curriculum and/or state curriculum
- Be supported to develop a unit of work embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives
- Investigate a range of authentic education resources
This workshop specifically addresses the Australian Curriculum Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cross-curriculum priority and AITSL Teacher Standard 2.4.
$495 (incl GST) per participant. Morning tea, lunch and materials provided.
Register your interest for 2020 dates HERE
For more information contact Australians Together
08 7073 6499 | email@example.com
Build your understanding and deepen your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures and current contexts.
Download Interactive Toolkit (pdf)