This two-day workshop is for Primary years classroom teachers and Middle/Senior years English and HASS teachers wanting to embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into their professional practice.
This workshop will provide you with opportunities to:
- Deepen your understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures and current context
- Increase your confidence in embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into teaching and learning in authentic ways
Outline of Workshop
Day 1 - Learn about:
- The uniqueness and sophistication of Australia’s Indigenous cultures
- History, geography, culture and policies since European contact in Australia
- The relationship between culture and identity
- The ongoing impact of colonisation
Day 2 - Curriculum planning:
- Connect Indigenous perspectives to the Australian Curriculum and/or state curriculum
- Be supported to develop a unit of work embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives
- Investigate a range of authentic education resources
This workshop specifically addresses the Australian Curriculum Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cross-curriculum priority and AITSL Teacher Standard 2.4 and 3.4.
$495 (incl GST) per participant. Morning tea, lunch and materials provided.
Locations and dates
Adelaide: 23-24 May 2019
Venue: AISSA, 128 Greenhill Road, Unley
Perth: 19-20 August 2019
Venue: Hyatt Regency, 99 Adelaide Tce, Perth
Sydney: 2-3 September 2019
Venue: Wesley Conference Centre, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney
Melbourne: 10-11 September 2019
Venue: Independent Schools Victoria, 24-40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne
Brisbane: 23-24 September 2019
Venue: ISQ Professional Learning Centre, Level 5, 500 Queen Street, Brisbane
For more information contact Australians Together
08 7073 6499 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Build your understanding and deepen your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures and current contexts.
Download Interactive Toolkit (pdf)